Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Happy Wednesday!

 Good morning bloggy pals!  happy Wednesday.  Only two more days til my (our) new baby Scarlet arrives..  I really am so excited!  Plus, Vanessa's mother and I are sharing Violet for the weekend and Im also very excited about that.  Just need to get through the next two days at work, lots to do there to get caught up.  I have been  a bit overwhelmed at work lately and its hard to stay on top of all those cases.   I dont usually talk about work here.. but let me just say there are some really Messed up people out there that are doing a good job of messing up their kids.....    end of subject...
 Ive been working on some little Valentine projects for my swap partner and a few extra little things that need to go in the mail this weekend as well. I have a couple more things to finish up over the next few days, then I am feeling the need to make myself a little something special.. .  dont know what yet as there are several little things dancing around in my head.
Ive also been puttering around with two bear orders.. I probably should finish those tonight. I want then to go in this weekends mail also.   I suppose I could be working on those now, rather then being on the computer!  I havent been very productive in the evenings lately..   It seems I get home from work and Im too drained from the day to hang out in my craft room!!  I feel sort of lazy...and I dont really like that.  I think its just the winter weather.  I cant wait for spring and warm weather.  I cant wait for warm sunny beach days. ...really... cant... wait...!
We were not in the path of the winter storm that hit new england.  we got a little bit of snow, but nothing unusual.  We're used to snow here.  I dont want to jinx us, but its actually been a fairly mild winter in the snow dept. for us......    lets keep it that way.   lol!
anyways my friends..   I better get a move on.  I think I'll work on those bears for an hour before I have to get ready for work.  
Happy Day Girlie Pies!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

15 comments:

Jane said...

Your Valentine things are so cute! I really love those 3-D hanging hearts! Hang in - the weekend's coming, your new baby, and Spring too!

Margaret said...

It's a good thing you have such a creative and happy personality because those cases at work could really drag you down. Keep thinking of hearts and flowers and sand and beaches when you see those files on your desk. Sending hugs your way! Maggie

Theresa said...

Love all of your pretties:) I am really dragging my feet with Valentine's Day sneaking up on me!

Can't wait to welcome your new sweetie-pie! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Always enjoy your early morning posts Viv! I think the gray, wet, cold January weather is making everyone feel exhausted. Love the sweet Valentines guy and your tree.

I worked at DSS when we first moved to Virginia. Not a happy place, very stressful and such sad situations. You are a special person to do it everyday. (Hugs)

Musings from Kim K. said...

I also love your early morning posts and glimpses of your sweet decorations. I completely understand where you are coming from in terms of tough cases. My husband is a school social worker. His past days working a children's team for community mental health agency were wicked. Keep on playing and creating. It helps soften the pain. Hugs!!

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Hi Viv!
Thinking of you - I have a friend who works in family services too and know how depressing and exhausting it is. I'm glad you have your crafting to ease a bit of that weight.
Can't wait to see your Valentine and bear crafting! I'm thinking (debating) about joining in Auntie Peaches Valentine card swap - if I can find a moment and get past my nerves over swapping with complete strangers. Hmmmmm ...
So fun to be on grand baby pie watch with you! Looking forward to hearing the news.
Happy Hump Day! xoxo

Stephanie said...

We have had bright, blue skies and warm temps, while last winter was a frigid, snowy mess. Never know what you're gonna get, do you? Be blessed, Sweet Lady!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Our winter has been much better this year than last year (knock on wood), too. Having said that, there is more snow forecast for Sunday night into Monday. Which we just had last Sunday night. Not much, just enough to cause problems with rush hour on Monday morning.

I'll bet you are real excited about the new little one! Just found out recently that my daughter is expecting her second baby and I'm so happy. My granddaughter keeps talking about her baby brother one day and baby sister the next. I tell her, "You know there is only one baby coming, right?". : )

P.S. I mailed my swap package out today!

Shirley Hatfield said...

any child would be fortunate to have you as a caring advocate. You always cheer me up...your sense of humor is contagious!

Debby said...

I am so excited for the new baby and I'm not the Grammy.
Have fun. I loved the greatness of that new little person to love.
My daughter who is a counselor is always telling me that "you can't make sense out of crazies". I'm sure you understand that. You have a tough job. I honestly don't know how you do that, your art, and all of the pies. Wowsie.
But you are amazing. HUGS
Oh, I mailed my Valentine box on Monday. I needed to get it in the mail since I am hosting the mini swap this time. A lot of boxes coming and going.

Tea in the Library said...

Blessing and good wishes to your family on the birth of baby Scarlett. My family -in-law had a baby Scarlett in 2014! Such a pretty name.
Prayers to you and your co-workers. Thank God for people like you who do such important work. I think you all deserve recognition and support.

NanaDiana said...

I hear you, Viv. I can't wait for warm, beachy weather either. I am headed South tomorrow. Love everything. I can't wait to hear about that sweet new baby. xo Diana

E said...

Take care of you! you know your line of work sucks the life out'a ya if you let it ... afraid I know from experience. Love that cute cute tree is vintage? Sure looks it XO E

Darla said...

Amen to the comment on the crummy parenting breeding the next generation of crummy parent by raising crummy kids. Uggh...being an ICU nurse, I can somewhat appreciate your pain. Young overdoses. It's why Ii love having a creative outlet!!! My one was born on V-tines day otherwise, I'll be celebrating National Singles Day !

Patti said...

A new baby! Oh, how wonderful. I'm happy for you. Your Valentine decorations are so cute. I just love what you make. I knew I could not do what you do - so went into teaching. But, thank you for doing it, Viv. It's good to know you are there.