Thursday, April 16, 2015

just another thursday morning!


 Morning bloggy pies!  Happy thursday!   I was up early this morning , out of bed at 4:45, but wide awake probably around 3:30.  I tried to go back to sleep, but couldn't!  I will be tired later for sure.  oh well.. anyways, so I played in my craft room and made muffins.  I made this little teeny tiny basket probably 8 years or more ago and its been hanging near my computer.  its supposed to be a necklace, but I don't think I ever wore it as such.  This morning it caught my eye and I decided to play around with it and it turned out so cute!  That tiny bear was also one of the first tiny bears I ever made and is one of my favorites. The baby doll has no arms or legs!  shes only about an  inch and a half long.  I think she is sweet.  Theres a doll show coming up on may 9th.  I always love going and I always look for the teeny tiny things!  probably no surprise there huh!


Im just so happy that spring has finally arrived..  no snow.. no cold.  I was so very tired of all of that!  And Im so excited for sunshine and warmer temps.  still very early spring here, no leaves on the trees or anything.  though there are crocuses up in the back yard.  I picked three the other day, but they dont last long once cut and brought inside.  oh well, they were sweet for the little while they lasted. 


Ive been doing my spring "nesting".  thats how I decorate for spring!  nests.. birds in nests, dolls in nests.. bears in nests.. and mushrooms..  got shrooms all over the place.  lol!    I know.. Im not normal. 
but I like to play.  I cant help myself.  And soon.. soon soon.. it'll be time to for flowers!  Im looking forward to doing some yard work and planting some pots and window boxes.  you know Im not much of a gardener, I just like to play around a little bit.  
I have been thinking of making my fairy garden bigger.  not sure how yet.. but hopefully I'll think of something.  And of course the dino garden too.   but.. I dont know how the garden stuff will go this year as tony will putting a new roof on the house and hopefully the porch will get redone.. and I want the house painted.. so the garden stuff may have to wait...  in fact.. I may need to move some plants when he starts working around the porch...  hmmmmm....  hadnt thought of this stuff til now..  

Yummy muffin!  cranberry orange.. with almonds!  I ate two..   Im supposed to be losing weight.. but I am my own worst freak'n enemy!  oh dear oh dear!
OK.. thats all for now girls..  Ive got to go to work soon..   have a great day!!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

14 comments:

NanaDiana said...

That little basket is just darling and that armless/legless baby has found the perfect home there. Very sweet.
I don't know how much gardening I am going to do this year either- being as we are changing things around here.
Your muffins look delicious,Viv...yum. I am my own worst enemy when it comes to that, too. xo Diana

Musings from Kim K. said...

I just love all your toadstools and nests. Your sweet vignettes are so fun. Extending your fairy garden is a marvelous idea. We've got rain this morning but the grass is finally turning green. There's hope for spring! We've been getting estimates for new roofs and new slider doors for the A-frame. Yikes. Best wishes with the roofing and porch project at your house. You might have a wonderful excuse to not do yard work with all those construction projects happening.

Sandra said...

I don't know where you get all your energy/motivation.......it's amazing. I love all your decorations and artistic touches. You are an inspiration.

Cindy said...

I'm sure your house looks so sweet with all the nests and mushrooms around. I love that kind of stuff. I hope you make it through the day OK without sleep. I got a day off, so I'm going to spend it crafting. I just need to get off the computer!

Stephanie said...

Let's see. . .I think your 3:30AM is my 1:30AM. I was up! Shoulda called!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love that little bunny, Vivian!

I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one that wakes up at 3:30 a.m. for no good reason. I have been falling back to sleep but by the time 6:30 comes around when I have to get up, I am sooooo tired. I just went off some medication so I'm hoping that will change. It seemed to be the medication causing sleep changes.

Your muffins look delicious! Who could blame you for having two. : ) I think we are all our own worst enemies when it comes to what we put in our mouths!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hey Viv,
Your little mind won't let you slow down or sleep!!! Darling creations.
warmly,
deb

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

viv, I was just so totally at home with this post. I knew just how you felt from beginning to end. The playing, the decorating with toys, all of it, right down to the muffins! It was..*sniff* like being at home. sigh..

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Love your tiny creation, so sweet. Oh my, wish I had one...or two...of your muffins. :) Looks so good. Yeah I'm supposed to be losing weight also, but since I hurt my knee, I've gained, dang it.

TGIF!

Margaret said...

It's gonna be a beautiful weekend! Have a great one! We have a lot of work outside too but just landscape stuff aas we just moved a big tree. Those are my favorite muffins. I have been known to eat one or two at atime myself...or three but whose counting? :) Maggie

Theresa said...

Cute Springy decorations:) I would like one of those muffins, PA-LEEZE! Enjoy your day dear VIV, HUGS!

Tea in the Library said...

Love seeing your little creations and vignettes. Happy Spring!

Darla said...

I love your sense of enchantment Viv dear.....as for losing weight, I don't know the meaning of it anymore!

Patti said...

I love this happy post! You do the cutest things. My dad gave me an ancient wheelbarrow to plant. It is so rusty and even has holes in the bottom. Do you think I could plant a fairy garden over rust? We also want to put on a porch this year. HOPEFULLY! You have the best ideas!